Saturday, September 26, 2009

Earning Your Disney Degree


As mentioned in one of my first posts, I was on the Walt Disney World College Program in the Summer of 1990. As part of the WDWCP, student cast members had the opportunity to earn either a Mousters of Business Applications or a Ducktorate Degree. Each degree required you attend the 10 Disney seminars and achieve an average rating at your work experience. To get the Ducktorate, you had to also do a team project and presentation. At the end of the program, you received your degree signed by both Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. Take a look at the page from our College Program handbook which gives a more detailed description for earning your Mousters or Ducktorate.


The above image is a scan of my Ducktorate Degree. This scan doesn't do the certificate justice. The border and mouse ears are all in gold. The paper is the same quality paper as a college diploma. And, yes, I proudly list my Duckorate on my resume. Of course, it always strikes up a conversation with recruiters too.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I have to find mine. I got mine in Hospitality management. It went home with me after I finished my CP and I never saw it again.

    ReplyDelete