Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dining Around The World Brochure Late 1980s


The tenth and final item in the Fort Wilderness welcome packet is an undated brochure for Dining Around The World. From a visual standpoint, this item is very bland and is much smaller than the other brochures. But, what makes it interesting from a theme park enthusiast perspective is what is inside. Here, you will find all the full service restaurants at Walt Disney World in the late 1980s. Many still exist, but, several of them have changed their names. Take a look. Have you been to any of these defunct restaurants? If so, do you remember what you had to eat there? And, do you have any pictures?

3 comments:

  1. Scott - take a look at this older version from 1987: http://progresscityusa.com/2009/09/01/dining-around-the-world-1987/

    I clearly remember brochures such as these targeted to resort guests but never had the opportunity to visit the Pompano Grill before it became the LBV Club nor did I ever get to the Gulf Coast Room at the Contemporary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ate at King Stefan's Banquet Hall but don't remember much about it. I do seem to remember the plates and goblets looking like pewter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I never had took the opportunity to visit those either.

    Randy, I did eat at King Stefan's in the mid-1980s on a trip with my parents. I have a picture somewhere. Also, when I was on the College Program, I did get to visit the kitchen, but, truthfully and sadly, I can't remember anything about going backstage there.

    ReplyDelete