Monday, January 4, 2010

Remembering 2009...

Well, it has been a while since I posted. I am looking forward to 2010. It is my goal that I have a posting at least three times a week. I also want to be more timely in commenting on the happenings of Disney, especially Walt Disney World and Disney animation. Also, I want to share more of the items in my Disney collection. But, first, I want to reflect on 2009.

It has been quite a year. We made our annual trip to WDW this summer and had a great time. I started a Disney blog. And, I added many items to my Disneyphemera collection.

But, what I will remember the most is what I lost this year. Besides the normal hustle and bustle of the holidays, my grandmother passed away about a week before Christmas. As expected, this made the normal festive season less of a celebration. Even though we were greiving over her loss, we chose to celebrate her life.

My grandmother, or Mammy as we called her, lived a wonderful life. She lived the type of life I pray to have. She lived to be 94 years and was even driving up until just a couple weeks before her passing. She was an inspiration to all her met her and touched many lives. She lived her life for the Lord. So, I believe now was actually a wonderful time for her to be called home.

She also loved her family. She not only got to see her six grandchildren, but also got to see many great-grandchildren, and even a couple great-great-grandchildren. Not many people are blessed with that.

She also travelled all over the world. She hit every state but Alaska, which was rather odd since she had grandchildren living there for a few years back in the 80s. She has travelled from Germany to Egypt to England and to Israel. And, yes, she has even been to Walt Disney World.

Here are a couple of pictures my mother gave to me over the holidays. They are pictures of Mammy at a Pooh character breakfast the day after my wife and I were married at the Wilderness Lodge. The first is one of her with Tigger and the second with Eeyore. I will never forget this day; the child-like surprised look on her face in one and the gentle smile in the other. This is one memory I will cherish forever, along with the many others.


I love you Mammy and miss you terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment