Thursday, August 20, 2009

Member of the Mouseketeer Clubhouse

When I first went to Walt Disney World back in 1973 for the first time, there was only one theme park--The Magic Kingdom. However, there were still a lot of things to do back then. Especially at night. We were staying at Fort Wilderness, so, there were always things to do at that resort. Unfortunately, for my brother and me, we didn't get to experience those activities one night. Instead, our parents decided to take us to a Disney child care service called the Mouseketeer Clubhouse. Now, I can't remember a whole lot about it except that it was in the Contemporary and we played a lot. Then, after about an hour or so, my parents were picking us up. I'm not even sure what they did that night. Guess I should ask them.

I did find a little information about this Mouseketeer Clubhouse in my 1986 edition of the 'Walt Disney World VACATION INFORMATION' pamphlet.

Anyway, as we left, we were given a very cool certificate showing that we were a member of the Walt Disney World Mouseketeer Clubhouse. The certificate came on a nice piece of heavy 8.5" x 11" parchment paper. The hot pink border really sets it off and draws attention to both Mickey Mouse and the friends from the Hundred Acre Wood. (NOTE: This picture doesn't do this item justice. The pink is actually much brighter.) Unfortunately, I wasn't a big collector as a kid, so, I folded mine in half. Then, later we pinned and stapled it to my wall. Argh! And, finally, as you can see on the edges, you shouldn't store in an attic because silverfish really like to hang out there. But, still, this piece is one of my favorite items in my collection, if for no other reason than the memories it brings back from my first visit to Walt's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment